Our team at Quality Gutter Systems works with a lot of homeowners who are passionate about keeping their property in shape. For many living in Texas, taking pride in a tidy, well-kept lawn is just a fact of life. Here are a few ideas to help keep your lawn in top condition, no matter what the weather throws your way:
Early Lawn Maintenance
Spring offers great incentives to get your lawn in shape for the season:
- Soil Test – test the pH levels of your soil to determine the acidity. Depending on the results, you may want to apply lime to your lawn before the weather gets too hot. This will help your grass grow.
- Replace Mulch – Spring is also a great time to remove and replace mulch surrounding your plants, especially those like azalea bushes. Otherwise, they may be at an increased risk of damage by disease and insects as the weather warms.
- Gutter/downspout check – clean the gutters, pulling out leaves and debris. If you see the gutters leaking, it’s time to call in for help. New gutters may be necessary.
- Prep Lawn Equipment – It is recommended to sharpen your mower blades before the first grass cutting.
Summer Lawn Maintenance
Summer maintenance ideas include:
- Decorations – Improve the look of your lawn (and attract birds) by moving a birdbath to the shade. This will help to prevent fading and water evaporation.
- Insect Repellent – Spending more time outdoors? There are many eco-friendly options to treat your lawn for fleas, ticks, mosquitos, and other insects.
- Fertilize – Fertilizing twice per summer is ideal to rid your lawn of unwanted weeds.
- Rake leaves – A windstorm may bring in a surplus of leaves onto your lawn. It is recommended to rake the leaves immediately. They can suffocate the grass and encourage growth of disease on your lawn.
- Gutter Check – Once again, clean out those gutters! Keep rainflow away from walkways with appropriate downspouts.
Off-Season Lawn Maintenance
Fall is a great time to plant trees and shrubs, depending on your region. This is an opportunity to make some new changes to your lawn.
Quality Gutter Systems services Boerne and the surrounding area. Contact us with your gutter repair and replacement needs.Great Gutter Systems for Your Home